The windows of a home need to be covered with curtains or blinds, to maintain privacy and to keep off the entry of excess sunlight and warmth, mainly in the summers. Though there are different varieties of blinds available in the market; roller blinds are the most popular ones are seen in many households. These blinds are single pieces of pinoleum screens that are rolled up on the wooden or PVC rollers. There are many benefits of installing this type of blinds on the windows of the residential and commercial buildings, which encourage people to choose it over other blinds or curtains.
Prime Reasons for Preferring Roller Blinds for Covering Windows
- Innovative designs – There are plenty of trendy designs available in modern roller blinds, which are more gorgeous than the earlier simple lines of this kind of blinds. However, now the homeowners can choose from the colourful floral designs or more stylish patterns, which impart vibrant looks to their homes.
- Wide options – There are different varieties of roller blinds available in the market, based on the types of materials used for making the screens. Some blinds are more effective in the total blockage of sunlight, while some blind screens only partially block the sunrays, keeping the rooms dimly lighted. Hence, the homeowners can choose these blinds as per their requirements and tastes, as there is a huge array of such blinds in almost all local and online shops.
- Safe uses – These blinds are made of the materials that are perfectly safe for all, including children and pets of the house. There is no toxic ingredient in the screen or roller of this type of blind, which can impose any risk to the health of the residents.
- High durability – The materials used for making the screens and rollers of these blinds have the capability to withstand all wear and tear of regular uses, harsh sunlight, splashes of rainwater, and even sleet. Therefore, the roller blinds last for many years in perfect condition and look just like new blinds, as their colours do not fade away easily. The homeowners do not need to change these blinds even for decades, due to the excellent finish of these products.
- Convenient operation – The users find these blinds very easy to operate as roller blinds can be simply pulled down or rolled up with the help of a metal bead chain or a thick cord of attractive design. Some blinds can also be operated with the help of a spring that can be pulled up or down much faster and smoothly. Motorized blinds are also available for higher prices, which can be operated with a remote control system.
- Easy maintenance – It is very simple to clean this kind of blinds and homemakers can just use a clean piece of cloth or a soft brush to wipe off the accumulated dust and dirt from the blind surfaces. The stiff dirt and stains can be cleaned with a wet cloth and it takes only a few minutes. However, it is better to clean the blinds regularly, for maintaining the original facade of these blinds.
- Insulate the indoors – These blinds are mainly installed to stop the entry of heat and cold during the peak of the summers and winters. Thus, the rooms remain insulated against the harsh weather conditions; mainly protecting the residents from the UV rays and direct sunlight. The materials of these blinds contain UV inhibitors that help in retaining the colours of the blinds.
The house owners find these roller blinds to be perfectly affordable as blinds of different price ranges are available in the market.